Sign in to follow this  
Rangerphil

Cold Weather Gloves!

I am looking to buy a pair of gloves to fish with early in the year and was wondering what does everyone like (or not like). My only real concern is that they have to fit tight so I can still fish with spinning gear and not lose much feel. They also have to be full finger. My hands just cannot handle the cold anymore! A few years back I believe I got a small case of frost bite on both and ever since they hurt extremely bad when they get cold! Any suggestions would be appreciated I can then do some research from there! Thanks!

Thanks, I was looking at them but they looked a little thick. I will have to try a pair on!

Check these guys out, I haven't used them for fishing since I moved back to FL, but when I lived in TN they were great. They were just my PT gloves, but they work for just about every thing; very durable products and they make a ultra light weight all weather too.

http://www.seirus.com/home

The gloves I have: http://www.seirus.com/tactical-detail/1844/?ltag=tactical-ByTag/all-weather/

I'm using the Simms foldover mitt's they are awesome.  Pricey but well worth it IMO.

I tried the Simms on the other day at the local store and the cuff ripped slightly! They felt nice but they need to watch the quality control. I read some reviews on them and it seems to be happening to a lot of people.

Stop at a golf course pro shop and try on a pair of cold weather golf gloves

oe

I tried the Simms on the other day at the local store and the cuff ripped slightly! They felt nice but they need to watch the quality control. I read some reviews on them and it seems to be happening to a lot of people.

My first pair ripped at the thumb seam after only a month.  I was not happy but Simms made it better and sent me a new pair after I sent them a couple pics of the tear.  Even got to kept the old pair.  They are very warm.  I really do like them even with the issue.

Never thought of golf gloves! Thanks! Yes, the Simms did feel good! I keep seeing sealskinz but they sold out a while back. They now go under the name hanz. They look good.