Sign in to follow this  
Vinny Chase

Boat Question

Hey guys, 

I am looking to take the middle storage compartment out of my Stratos 295 Pro Xl and replace it with a fold down seat. I have heard that might not be an option because the gas tank is around that area and I could puncture it? Any help would be great. 

Thanks, 

VC

VC, before doing anything please pull up this web site and give them a call:

http://www.stratosboats.com/news.cfm

You don't want to mess up the hull.

A lot of compartments on boats are set into structural components, such as stringers and bulkheads.  Don't remove anything unless you KNOW what you are doing.  You may compromise the stiffness and integrity of the hull.

It's one thing to modify and deck over a jon boat that is not subject to the stresses and forces of a bass boat with a 200 hp, plus or minus, hanging on the transom.

Im not familar with that layout. Why not just bolt the seat to the top and still keep the compartment? Two of my storage areas in my tin are under the seats.

I've had a couple Stratos and the gas tank is behind the seat. Don't go drilling holes anywhere in that flat panel behind the seat back, that whole area has fuel tank back there. Some may have used an L shaped tank that part of the tank went under the seat also. If you have storage compartments under the seats the tanks does not go under there, if not, I would try to find out for sure. My Javelin (made by Statos) had a small cooler there and I happen to be lucky enough to find the optional center seat on ebay and installed it.