Hey everybody. Just wanted to hear some feedback on the Frog rod from Powell. I like that the reviews I've read say it's a good jig/flipping/pitching rod as well, but wanted to get some of you guy's opinions of the rod if you've used it. Also, if by chance someone has used both the Powell and Tatula Frog rod, I'd love to hear some comparisons. I know that's a long shot, though, because the Tats are so new.

I have more than a dozen Powell rods now... I havent used the Powell Max 735, that you are refering to, but I do use the Powell Endurance 725, its basically the Endurance version... Its an excellent rod. I like he super soft tip. It makes tossing hollow frogs easy. The rod is also powerful... Very powerful.

I also use it to throw various heavy top water lures and wake baits.

When the jig bite is on ill tie a jig on this rod and keep it on the deck with my jig rods. It is a very sensitive rod and like I said above it has power for days to pull fish out of the nastiest junk.

Fish ranger has then for 149.

Good luck

I have more than a dozen Powell rods now... I havent used the Powell Max 735, that you are refering to, but I do use the Powell Endurance 725, its basically the Endurance version... Its an excellent rod. I like he super soft tip. It makes tossing hollow frogs easy. The rod is also powerful... Very powerful.

I also use it to throw various heavy top water lures and wake baits.

When the jig bite is on ill tie a jig on this rod and keep it on the deck with my jig rods. It is a very sensitive rod and like I said above it has power for days to pull fish out of the nastiest junk.

Fish ranger has then for 149.

Good luck

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks Teal!

I got an email from them the other day. On sale for 129.99 with free shipping.

I got an email from them the other day. On sale for 129.99 with free shipping.

Is that an email exclusive deal? I'm not seeing it on their site

Honestly Gater I'm not sure. Just give them a call.

Alrighty I'll do that. I appreciate it!

I'm happy with my Powell Frog rod.  Very nice tip and solid hook sets.  I use it exclusively as a frogging rod.