Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloBass716

Jig Heads For Flukes/swimbaits

I'm looking to buy a lot of new terminal tackle for this year and try some new things out.  I know for plastic worms people use tons of different jig heads from the standard ball head, up to perfectly designed jig heads for maximum action. 

I was wondering what you guys like to use for small 3"-4" swim baits and minnow type baits.  Also do you guys like them on weighted swim bait hooks or prefer them on a jig? 

If you name some of your favorite plastics you put them on, that would help too! :eyebrows:

I have used 1/8 and 1/4 ounce round ball jig heads from walmart with really good luck. They have a Gamakatsu hook and are 2.89 for 5 of them. I use them on several soft plastics....grubs, havoc sick fish, LFT live magic shad, strike king anaconda worms to name just a few.

I have tried some of the more expensive jigheads...Picasso revenge heads, but I see no difference in performance. ..

Both. Open hooks are always good..and I like the nose down presentation. But when you need to go weedless, a ewg weighted hook is the ticket

I will use a brush head or a tournement jig head.  The Tournement jig head is the same one I throw on an A rig if I throw the thing,