Sign in to follow this  
brushhoggin

Calling all old fart crew members. Few old school lures. Jig trailer identification

This old trailer blew my mind. 96 year old grand dad passed these down to me along with some other old odds and ends from his tackle box. Those balls on the claws are rattlers embedded in the plastic. Seriously? Why don't you see these anymore?

Also, the Hawaiian wiggler, which my dad swore by. The skirt dry rotted away.

Any of you recognize the third one though? Never seen anything like it. It has a funny little plastic weedguard.

post-23992-130162888294_thumb.jpg

post-23992-130162888302_thumb.jpg

post-23992-130162888309_thumb.jpg

Looks a lot like a daredevil

The jig trailer resembles an ole bubble craw, the rattles could be removed, I still have some in black neon ;)

Hidden

Ya. The rattles were round plastic with a BB in it. It was inserted into the hole in the claw. We all know what happens when hard plastic meets up with soft plastic baits.

Yours are probable "melted" in there.

....Bill

I don't know what that sppon is, but I don't think it is a Dare Devil. That old Wiggler was a pretty good bait, they used to skitter with those

I have some old worms with those exact same rattles in the tail. I'd have to dig them out to find the brand name. They have to be at least 20+ years old.

Ya. The rattles were round plastic with a BB in it. It was inserted into the hole in the claw. We all know what happens when hard plastic meets up with soft plastic baits.

....Bill

I've still got some of the grubs and worms to use with those pesky little rattles.  You didn't have to worry about them melting in as the bass had the ability to suck the rattles right out of those pockets..... We glued them in!   ;)

I think I've even got some of the rattles floating around here too.

By the way, that spoon reminds me a lot of the old style "Red Eye Wiggler" spoons.  They all had those two glass eyes wired into them.

Rattle Craw, It was a variant of the bubble craw.  Can't remember who made it.  The spoon is an old Red Eye, as previously mentioned.  I wish they still made them in that profile.

Catt, sell em to me

Uh no, I still catch quite well with them under the right conditions  ;)

....Bill

actually they were removed and reinserted flawlessly. i wish i could find more. guess it makes no difference if i just strapped a rattler on underneath the skirt 

By the way, that spoon reminds me a lot of the old style "Red Eye Wiggler" spoons. They all had those two glass eyes wired into them.

I believe you are correct, sir. But I've never seen one with the "hula" skirt on the hook. Maybe an add on?

By the way, that spoon reminds me a lot of the old style "Red Eye Wiggler" spoons. They all had those two glass eyes wired into them.

I believe you are correct, sir. But I've never seen one with the "hula" skirt on the hook. Maybe an add on?

I guess we'd have to ask the owner of that lure, but it looks to me like that skirt is rather stiff and could be some type of weed guard.  Maybe.