Sign in to follow this  
tbone1993

Illinois Hs Tournament

Hi all,

We are proud to announce that we, the Illini Bass Fishing Club, will be hosting our 3rd Annual High School Open April 6th on Clinton Lake. This tournament is open to all high school  anglers even if their school does not  have a club established. Last year we had over 300 people at the weigh in along with 68 boats and 136 competing anglers. We also gave away over $2000 worth of prizes to the anglers that placed 1st-10th as well as Big Bass. If you have any questions feel free to message me or call the numbers listed on the flyers below. Also check out our article on Bass Master! 

Third Annual IBFC Open 1

http://www.fightingillinibassclub.com/uploads/6/5/1/8/6518616/third_annual_ibfc_open_1.pdf

http://www.bassmaster.com/news/college-team-hosts-high-school-tournament

• Like 1

That's awesome. Have you sent invites out to the IL high schools, or is it up to them to find out the info on their own?

That's awesome. Have you sent invites out to the IL high schools, or is it up to them to find out the info on their own?

We contact as many schools as possible and attend many fishing shows and talk about the tournament. If you know any coaches or any kids interested please send them the information. We normally get about 20 boats from northern IL schools but we would like to increase that number to 30 this time around. 

Very cool man, very cool.

Yeah and tons of work. We've got a seminar this Sunday at Atwood High School in which we are going to talk about collegiate fishing. All of the proceeds benefit their HS fishing team. 

Edit : here's their flyer http://www.illinoisbassnation.com/pdf/2014AtwoodFlyer.pdf

I'll contact my local HS. I know the guy in charge of the bass club, and one of the teachers who has a boat keeps his next to mine in the storage yard

• Like 1

I'll contact my local HS. I know the guy in charge of the bass club, and one of the teachers who has a boat keeps his next to mine in the storage yard

Thanks, PM me what comes up of it.  We love getting more schools involved. 

More states need high school opens! Props to your club!!!

If our club could host more high school opens in different states we would. We're a collegiate bass fishing club so it isn't the easiest thing to do.  Thank you for the support! Check us out on Facebook and twitter, both links are available through the link above. 

Does Canton High School enter this tournament? If not I will get you the email address for the AD

Does Canton High School enter this tournament? If not I will get you the email address for the AD

I'm not sure. We have a few schools that fish from that area. Some schools also register without names until tournament day so its tough to keep a running list.