Sign in to follow this  
hockeybigd

New Spinning Reel Suggestion

I am looking for a new spinning reel. Looking at the CarbonLite, Pro Qualifier, Abu Orra S, Pflgr President, & the Daiwa Legalis.  Would like to stay in this price range.  I have not had any in hand,  but love my 2 Pflgr Supremes.  Leaning towards the President, & the Legalis.  Does anybody have any experiance, & suggestions with these reels, or others?  Also, Concerned with dependability.  Thanks in advance. 

I own a president, president XT and Templar. Pflueger makes a great spinning reel. Best sub 100 dollar on market. Rivals more expensive reels out there.

What size reel you looking for? There's a place that sells reconditioned Pflueger and Abu reels for good prices. I bought one and it looked brand new. Cost was way less than new.

Look at the Mitchell 300 series I've been using those reels for 35 years.Very smooth casting and retrieve.Have a great fishing season.Greg

Take a look at the Daiwa Aird. You get an extra spool and it casts a mile. I had a Carbonlite and got a lot of line twists with it. I get none on the Aird nor on my Shimano Symetre.