Sign in to follow this  
trupp30

Braid For Spinnng Reel

I am thinking of putting braid on some of my spinning rigs. I am wondering what would be the best/strongest line to line tie for a fluro leader? Also, how long of a fluro leader should I use? Thanks for the help.

Power Pro fan here, leader is really up to you. I go from 6-15 lb test in fluoro coated P-Line Floroclear, fluoro-bonded Yo Zuri Hybrid, pure FC, etc...

I've tried other brands, keep coming back to good ol' Power Pro. But that's just my thing. I want to try new brands, eventually, but the stuff's expensive, lasts a long time.

I use 20 lb power pro with a 3 ft seagur invizix 8lb leader. Works real good as a shaky head set up.

I have 8lb spiderwire, 15lb gamma torque, and 20lb powerpro on spinning gear and love it. I also dont use a leader. If i was going to it would be 8lb or 12lb invisx because its what I have around.

I've tried 832, Power Pro, Power Pro Super 8 Slick, and P-Line Spectrex braid all in 20# on spinning gear. I'd have to say I think my favorite is either regular PP or the P-Line. Nothing wrong with S8S or 832 either as I've not encountered a single problem with any of these 4 lines on spinning gear. They all have little things about them that I like but the PP & P-Line just have more things I like about them than the other two. I think S8S ties the best (prettiest) knots of the bunch but as I said earlier no problems at all out of any of them.

I use about a 5 to 7 foot leader of P-Line 100% fluorocarbon in either 10# or 15# connected to the braid via an Albright knot tied like the video on Shimano's web site instructs. Never once had the connection knot fail, if I've ever had a failure it's always come at the lure knot.