Sign in to follow this  
Texasfishingtips

Odd idea

Odd idea came to me...what if you tied two poppers onto a 3-way swivel? Make each one a diffrent length from the swivel. The only problem I can see is that they might tangle each other up in the cast. But it could be pretty good on schooling fish. Any thoughts?

892f961a.jpg

Clancy W

Would work better if you tied a line to the rear of one, to the next one's eye. That is used in flyfishing. You could also try using a Zoom trick worm with a top water bait of your choice.

Casting would be tough. Trebles add a whole new complexity. I like the Zulu rig with flukes where you use two swivels - but you're also dealing with single hooks in plastic.

I've seen an inline version of your popper setup where you would remove the rear hooks from the first popper and tie on a second popper tied to where the rear hook was located. BPS has another version: http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shops-Double-Take/product/10208625/-1600460

What if instead of removing the back hook on one you tied to what the swivel is attached to? That way the first bait still has its back hook, because I seem to catch most of my popper fish on the back hooks.

Clancy W

Try it!! Countless fish have been caught as a result of anglers getting creative.

reminds me of the teaser rigs I use for striper fishing. I just dont know about all those treble hooks I think you would run into some problems with that

What if instead of removing the back hook on one you tied to what the swivel is attached to? That way the first bait still has its back hook, because I seem to catch most of my popper fish on the back hooks.

Clancy W

To make it less likely to tangle I would still remove the rear hook. You could increase the size of the front hook. This works pretty well with dog walking type top lures, head to tail. Just use a stiffer mono between the two, about 18"-2' long. The rear one will walk the best. Front one is just the chasee.