Sign in to follow this  
BassnChris

Taking It Out Of Mothballs

I pulled my boat down to fuel up today so I could take it out of mothballs. This was the. First time I've pulled it with the new truck........and I hear the clunk.

It's my hitch moving around the receiver......I'll see if I can find something that fits tighter......or I will shim it up by making a shim out some hard rubber.

Changed out my trailer lights. Re packed the wheel bearings. Fired up the motor to burn out the fogging oil and test the new water pump.

Man to hear that two stroke rev to life..........could actually hit the lake next weekend maybe. A few more things on the list to get done....but now we have more time at night to get 'er done!

I pulled mine out of the garage today and fired it up on the muffs, need to get new plugs (don't know why I did not do that earlier in the winter). Going to hit a power plant lake in the morning.

I pulled my boat down to fuel up today so I could take it out of mothballs. This was the. First time I've pulled it with the new truck........and I hear the clunk.

It's my hitch moving around the receiver......I'll see if I can find something that fits tighter......or I will shim it up by making a shim out some hard rubber.

Changed out my trailer lights. Re packed the wheel bearings. Fired up the motor to burn out the fogging oil and test the new water pump.

Man to hear that two stroke rev to life..........could actually hit the lake next weekend maybe. A few more things on the list to get done....but now we have more time at night to get 'er done!

Try a few wraps of electrical tape in two places.  Wrap the end of the hitch, and wrap it where it is just inside the receiver.  You still want the hitch to fit easily into the receiver, while reducing the play.  The tape will act like the rubber bushing in shock absorbers which prevent the components from clattering together.

The tape prevents metal on metal contact.  The tape should last a while since the hitch does not slide back and forth in the receiver.

• Like 1