MemphisFF

Need Advice On My Setups

Appreciate all the help I can get here, I got 3 setups and would like some solid advice to what to do with them and here's what I use them for

6'8 duckett crankin micro w/chronarchE5- crankbaits, spinnerbaits

7'0 heavy duckett micro w/curadoE7- jigs and worm rigs

Now here's my dilemma just bought curado I7 don't have a rod for it yet and not sure what to use it for or not sure rod size I want for it..

Kinda confused with what to get with it and my budget for a rod is 100-150 I was thinking 7'2 *** not sure what action though, as always appreciate the advice I get on here..

Any other advice?

I second 7'3'" MH *** or even the Abu Veracity. With a MH you can throw T-Rigs, Jiggs, Spinnerbaits, bigger Cranks, buzzbaits. And if need be frogs.

• Like 1

A MHF is a versatile rod.  If you have a favorite lure or technique that you fish a lot, then a rod biased in that direction would also be a good option.  As an example a friend loves to fish jerkbaits.  His weapon of choice is the Fenwick Elite Tech Samllmouth 6'10" MH-MF.

• Like 1

Ended up going to gander mountain in Jackson picked up an *** black 7'3 mhf really like the feel of it.. Gonna go really well with my curado I, thanks for advice, also got a mail in $30 gift card with it. So all in all Win

• Like 1

Ended up going to gander mountain in Jackson picked up an *** black 7'3 mhf really like the feel of it.. Gonna go really well with my curado I, thanks for advice, also got a mail in $30 gift card with it. So all in all Win

I would've recommended a MH/F rod in that range by any brand that you prefer.  This has bolstered your arsenal imo, the heavy rod can now be set for heavy jigs, frogs or pitching...and this new rod can be your dedicated jig/plastics rod, because of the Power/Action it will be your most used since imo it is the most versatile power/action for all techniques.  (Spinnerbait, topwater, plastics, bubba shot...etc.)

• Like 1

Congrats memphisff on your new rod.  Let us know how you like fishing with it.

• Like 1

why don't you get another duckett? seems reasonable since you have two others

why don't you get another duckett? seems reasonable since you have two others

Ya could have, wanted to try a ghost out.. But with hearing good things bout this *** I decided to give it a whirl.. I still love my Ducketts also the black is looking good with the Curado I

• Like 1