Sign in to follow this  
jbarker

Roboworms.... False advertising?????

After hearing so much about roboworms for dropshotting I finally order some in aarons magic green weenie purple weenie and ehlers edge... The only one that looks even close to the pictures on their website is the ehlers edge??? Did i get bad batches or are they always laminated colours???? The website has aarons magic as a translucent green with a purple and vein and brown swirl in it but the ones I got were a purple line sandwiched between a watermelon and brown layer

Hidden

They do look alot different in sunlight too.

....Bill

The original line of roboworms are always a laminate style pour if they have multiple colors. They have a couple other lines like the F3 ( i think that is what its called) that are swirled colors. So the aarons magic in the original will be laminated and swirled in the F3.

I'm not sure I would call it false advertising but some of the website I have seen don't use the same lighting or camera angle so the colors look different. MonteSS is also correct that they look digfferent in the sunlight especially the colors that have a flake in them. These are fantastic dropshot worms. I like them on a shakey head too.

I think they look a lot different in the water. You can't go wrong with that brand.

It's not really false advertising. Sites will use different photo set ups than others. Even crank colors look different depending on the site. Also, they won't look the same in sunlight and and they won't in water either.

Be careful buying anything off the internet. One time I was getting ready to buy a new shakey head rod (Cumara 6'8" M spinning). The picture on the checkout page was a casting rod and after backing out to the main page, I saw the lure weight was 1/4 to 1oz... not what I was looking for.

I called and ordered over the phone.

The colors on the roboworm site never look exactly like what you get in the bag!LOL

But the Fish like them and thats what counts! Best dropshot worms hands down.

Not sure where the order is from, however the photos on roboworm's site are pretty dead on. 

One thing that can happen is they can get sun faded if they're left on store pegs for a long time in the sun.