Here in NC for the last few weeks the air temps have been low 80's. The water temps at the ponds have been 72-73 and the lakes about 71-72. Tonight there is a frost advisory where the air temps are going to be 32 degrees for about 4 hours overnight. Tomorrow is going to be full sunshine and no wind. However it is only going to be about 55 degrees. Then the temps go back to normal spring temps like 78-84 degrees. Will the water temp be affected drastically when I go out to the ponds tomorrow with the kayak? I don't know what to throw and where???? Any help is appreciated.

Joe

it was 80 yesterday today 40's and rain then about 7pm its was 28 and snowing with 40 mph winds. im done

What would you guys do in my situation? You think the water temps will be about the same?

Pretty much the same story here in NY. I plan on going out Thursday supposed to be a high of 55 like you. I went last week and fished mid day in the shallows using a 6" Huddleston slow sink, was out there for about 3 hours and picked up 2 nice sized Largemouth Bass. My method was to speed reel it in then let it sit for a second slowly sinking. As I reeled it in both times I saw the bass follow in up to shore, I let the line go slack and they hit it. On the slow retrieve I was getting nibbles. I plan on bringing the camera with me this time so hopefully I can get some picks.

I don't think the cold will bring down the water temp to to much. If I was you I would prob fish drop offs first and deep water structures real slow with a worm, wait for about an hour before I switched to a deep water crank. Then right about when the sun is at it's highest I would start hitting the shallows searching for some spawn/pre spawn sites reeling in with a stop and go retrieve using a Bluegill Swimbait. All this talk of fishing and now I'm rummaging about my tackle box thinking about Thursday lol. Good luck man and bring back some stories!

They may drop a degree mabey but with it being a cold rain that came through (at least here) it may have dropped more the only way to truly tell is to go out and find out that's what I'm doing. Another thing to consider is the water temp rises and falls faster than lakes so it may have dropped more than a couple.

Tight lines

Andrew

I did my fishing yesterday and today!! As for the front coming thru, good question. Since the water temp is changing, it might be beneficial to throw some lipless cranks. I have had great success catching on wacky rigged Pepper Frog Hot Orange (or whatever Bass Pro calls it).

A cold front may cause the bite to lock down, but a night or two of moderately

low temperatures will have little if any impact on the water temperature except

in the shallowest parts of the pond.

So far temps only dropped in water about 5 degrees. Air temps getting warmer already this morning.

So far temps only dropped in water about 5 degrees. Air temps getting warmer already this morning.

Good luck! That sun should rise the temps alittle!!

Going out today once the weather gets up just a little bit more definitely gonna throw a lipless crank bait

Tight lines

Andrew

It snowed in PA tuesday...got down in the teens!

Spring? What is that?

Decided to go out yesterday like you instead of today. It snowed the previous night. Caught this bad boy with a MS Slammer around 3pm using a stop and go retrieve.

10262044_10201973221511921_6312074462184

10150641_10201973221631924_8766779978100

The season for trout opens on Saturday. I haven't been fishing for trout for a while. With the snow on the ground still in patches and the 30 degree nights I think we will be in the 70/80's soon and sweating in the 80/90's soon. "I hope".  

Great! The bass loved square bill cranks. 2-4 feet.

That was the key for me too sk kvd 1.5 in bluegill turned into 25 bass and a carp. When I hooked up I was saying please be a bass please be a bass but nope it wasn't a bass just a 15 pound carp

Tight lines

Andrew