Sign in to follow this  
ZhouNi

Fluro Question

ok i was fishing a jerk bait on 8Lb sea guard red lable and the line snap in the middle  when i jerk my rod. am i using too small of line or just had a bad spot in it. also why do i keep getting backlash on this set up. my break is all the way up and the tension is tight, but i just keep getting backlash on this. i  never used anything under 12lb before. this is my first set up with 8LB line thought i will use it for shallow cranking. but it back lash just about every cast, i just almost want to leave it alone.

i am using abu garcia villian medium modrate rod 7'1 with abu revo sx 7.3.1.

I have never used line thinner than 10 pound test on a baitcaster. But I don't think 8 would present a huge problem. Maybe you got a bad batch of line, but I'm not sure.

Welcome to the wonderful world of flurocarbon !

it broke because you keep backlashing... floro is not for people who are learning how to cast with casting gear... either your reel is defective or you are still learning(honestly it sounds defective) how to set it up properly... floro is my favorite of the different types of lines out there, i have tons of confidence in its abrasion resistance, sensitivity, and improved invisibility over nylon lines... it does have draw backs, but if you choose the rest of your gear properly it compensates for its shortcomings... most 8 lb floro is the same diameter as 30 lb braid (on average) so the size should not be too much of an issue either... 

Mitch

Welcome to the wonderful world of flurocarbon !

all my other reel are spool with fluro line and i dont have that problem on them, maybe i should just strip the line and spool with something a little heavyer?

it broke because you keep backlashing... floro is not for people who are learning how to cast with casting gear... either your reel is defective or you are still learning(honestly it sounds defective) how to set it up properly... floro is my favorite of the different types of lines out there, i have tons of confidence in its abrasion resistance, sensitivity, and improved invisibility over nylon lines... it does have draw backs, but if you choose the rest of your gear properly it compensates for its shortcomings... most 8 lb floro is the same diameter as 30 lb braid (on average) so the size should not be too much of an issue either... 

Mitch

i seriously debut is the reel because its brand new out of box, and all my other 6 reel are spool with fluro but they are 12 lb and up  and i dont ever back lash on them.