Sign in to follow this  
bass raider

Powell Endurance:my Thoughts

hey guys got my endurance in the mail yesterday&i've gotten to fish it a couple times&thought i'd report back what I learned about it.heres my review(first ever)of the powell endurance.

general specs:cork handles,10+tip Fuji alconite guides(on 7'1" model)first 4 are double foot,not the color I'd pick but still an amazing purple water spot finish(from but section to about 10in above reel seat)&standard ECS reel seat.

action&power:i guess I've only fished mod to med fast tips before because i have never had as good a hookset as i did on that poor little 10in dink yesterday.i almost felt sorry for him.this extra fast tip is probably one of my favorite things about this rod.its a labeled as "heavy"but i feel like its a true med.hvy.its rated from 1/4-1oz.havent thrown anything in the upper end of the weights but it will sling a 10in power worm with a 3/8oz fine.

craftsmanship:on a scale of 1-10(10 being best)the crok handles get about an 8.around the reel seat their are MINOR gaps(i'm extremely picky)between the reel seat&cork but on the plus side they are the most comfortable grips I've ever used.

guides get a 8.5 one looks a little off center if it wasn't for that they'd get a 10.epoxy work:10.best epoxying I've seen.

now what y'all have probably waiting for me to get to,sensitivity:when i got a bite i believe the words that came out of my mouth were GOOOOD GOSH.the only thing that comes close to the sensitivity of this rod is if you were using braid...but i wasn't.i using 14lb mono.i have never felt such a "crisp"& "lively" bite.i think i even felt a catfish fart on it.Lol.but all joking aside it is the most sensitive rod I've ever fished(I've fished cherrywoods,ugly stiks,W&M micro honey combs&halo daylight).this is going to sound rehearsed but i was wanting to try other rod brands but with performance like what the Endurance has i don't if i would now.Lol.those are my thoughts on the powell endurance. tight lines,

bass raider

I've got the same rod coming in the mail today!

Welcome to the world of nice rods. Yes,you can get better but it comes with a cost. The endurance series is discontinued though. Better buy the ones you want soon. I suggest adding a 723 to your mix. The 714 is nice for heavier weights but the 723 is the perfect all around rod for up to 1/2oz. At least for me it is.

Glad you like your new rod. The endurance is a great line, one of my favorites I've used.

Just got it in, everything looks good except I don't have time to fish...  :cry4:

Glad your happy with it!  Great rods!

Just got it in, everything looks good except I don't have time to fish...  :cry4:

haha.i MAKE time to fish.Lol

Welcome to the world of nice rods. Yes,you can get better but it comes with a cost. The endurance series is discontinued though. Better buy the ones you want soon. I suggest adding a 723 to your mix. The 714 is nice for heavier weights but the 723 is the perfect all around rod for up to 1/2oz. At least for me it is.

723 will be my first Powell.  Bought off classifieds.  Money should arrive today.  Good thing rod didn't because it is one miserable day here.  I'm anxious to try it.  Have read good things about Powell, but somehow have managed not to acquire one before.

Yeah same here. Front moved in,temps dropped,rainy,and even flurries in higher elevations. You'll love the rod.

The 723 is my go to rod for soft plastics. Didn't know they were discontinued...I was thinking of buying another one soon. Congratulations on your purchase, it's a great rod.

The 723 is my go to rod for soft plastics. Didn't know they were discontinued...I was thinking of buying another one soon. Congratulations on your purchase, it's a great rod.

The current max and endurance series are being discontinued. What we will now have is the Max 3D. They took the lengths and powers from both series and just made one new series. After speaking with Keith at powell. He said the new blank is a bit better than the endurance. I'm okay with that part but I dislike the color scheme of the max rods,new or old.Baby food green is just plain to me. I know a lot feel that way about the purple though too.

You can still buy them but once stock is gone,it's gone!

I can already tell this rod is going to be sick for jigs

This is probably the worst and most stupid question yall have ever heard but what happens to the warranty on the endurance since they have discontinued them?

This is probably the worst and most stupid question yall have ever heard but what happens to the warranty on the endurance since they have discontinued them?

It'll get replaced with a max 3d. If you'd break one in the near future you might get another endurance. They still have stock of some of them.

Just picked up an endurance 775 for 119 brand new woo. The turners near me had the last few endurance rods they owned marked down to 119. Couldn't pass that up

Just picked up an endurance 775 for 119 brand new woo. The turners near me had the last few endurance rods they owned marked down to 119. Couldn't pass that up

Check around online over the next month or so if you are wanting another one. Powell sold most of their remaining stock to dealers at a huge discount. Those places will be lowering their prices on them to move them. Plus since they got them at a discount they'll still make money.