Sign in to follow this  
Big Fish Small Pond

Mitchell 308Xge Reel Part Help

Hey Bass Resource,

I need a little help trying to identify the part that I need replaced in my Mitchell 308xge reel.

post-50927-0-72155500-1415677887_thumb.j

This is the reel opened up to reveal the parts which this spring attaches to in order to engage the anti-reverse. The spring attaches the anti-reverse lever to the one way clutch bearing in the reel.

post-50927-0-06187800-1415678165_thumb.j

This is the stretched out spring that I need to replace but cannot seem to find enough information about after months of searching.

This is a link to the Mitchell 308xge reel schematics:

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/schematics/albums/userpics/10001/Mitchell_300XE2C_300XGE2C_308XE2C_308XGE.pdf

Any help on the subject would be much appreciated. I realize I started another topic about this but it would not let me delete the other one or even add the pictures to the post.

So I am assuming you ordered the 1128340 spring.  I have some old schematics for Mitchell and came up with a part number for a spring in a 308X reel 1083466, might be worth your time to check it out.

No, I did not order this spring(1128340), because I was told that I needed a different part by customer service months ago. But through my own research I have come to belive that this is indeed the part I need.