Sign in to follow this  
okbassguy

I Need Help Finding The Right Baitcaster

I need help finding a baitcasting reel for around $140 or $150 and down I am a all around fisherman i love fishing texas rigs spinnerbaits and jigs but I fish everything besides deep diving plugs, spoons or A rigs. What would be a good reel for me that will last and cast far?

Lew's Tournament Pro Speed Spool... you can find 'em on the auction site for $150.  Small, light, versatile braking system, strong drag, aluminum frame, Duralumin gears, 10 bearings.

Tight lines,

Bob

There's a lot of great reels in that range. I'd look into a Abu Garcia Revo SX or S or a Bass Pro Johnny Morris Signature Series "Bass Caster". They're all good work horse reels.

X2 on the Revo SX. I have one and had it supertuned with upgraded bearings by DVT, making it my best casting reel, even against my Shimano Cores.

I also have Lews Speed Spools, a Johnny Morris from BPS, Diawa T3 Ballistic, and a *** ***, all roughly in your price range. Right out of the box my T3 and *** are great casting reels.

From my experience, all the reels I own in the price range you're looking at perform very well.

Overall I think it just comes down to ergonomic/feature preference. Best of luck with your choice.

Curado or Tatula. If you look around on here, you'll see quite a number of threads asking what is best in your price range.