Sign in to follow this  
AK-Jax86

Strike King Knucklehead

Anybody else use this? I use the 1/2oz with a 12" Manns Jelly Worm or a Zoom Magnum Uvibe.

I like the action and how it presents the worm. Has anyone used this or something similar?

I have. Think mine are 1/2oz. Used them with a craw...thinking about getting some smaller, TW has a bunch of shapes and sizes. Have not caught anything on them yet, lack of time fishing with them really. Going to put more of an effort with them next time I go. 

So it's a swinging jighead then? That's one of my favorite ways to present a soft plastic. I pour my own and like to mess with the weight to hook size for specific situations. One that I really like is to pour a small weight like a 1/8oz and put a 7/0 oversize worm hook on it and fish a 7" stick worm on it. 

Hmmm

I may have to check them out.

Mike

Wish smaller heads were available. I'd like to try some smaller ones. Sometimes 1/4 is too heavy. Have seen 3/16 on biffle hardhead, smallest I have seen online.

i use the the mustad fastach wobble head and i won two tournaments on it this year rigging a green pumpkin rage craw on it. Its a great day to catch big smallmouths. when i figured it out i found a school of smallies and in the tournament i got to the spot saw the fish on my graph but they would not eat my dropshot tube carolina rig or alabama rig. i decided to try the wobblehead and on the first cast caught a 4 pounder. i caught 19 keepers off the spot on it and won the tournament. the following week i went to the three rivers in pittsburgh for a club tournament and won there with 3 fish for 5 pounds all caught on the wobble head with the rage craw  

Wish smaller heads were available. I'd like to try some smaller ones. Sometimes 1/4 is too heavy. Have seen 3/16 on biffle hardhead, smallest I have seen online.

I pour some 1/8oz with a 2/0 EWG short shank Owner. I rig a Pit Boss Jr or small craw and the jerky action looks as good as any craw imitation I've seen.