Sign in to follow this  
retiredbosn

My 10 Y/o's Quick Wit

My ten year old is something else, what is he you ask? A quick witted smart eleck! He is struggling a little lately in school, so tonight at bed time immediately after devotions and prayer, I related to him some scripture that went along with the devotions. It was about doing the best u can with whatever task you are doing. The retiredbosn paraphrase is "do the best you can at work (school in his case), act as though you are doing it for God". So after my little pep talk I stupidly ask " What do you think about that?" His reply? He literally sighs and says "inspired"! I am in soooo much trouble, his teenage years are going to be fun ;)

• Like 1

well maybe he was serious :)  and the sigh was a weight being lifted off his mind.....kind of doubt it though lol 

Did you call him a smartazz ^_^

He was a late surprise, his oldest brother is 27, the next closest sibling is 22. So as he was learning to talk and interact with ppl his siblings were teenagers, I blame them for his sarcastic bite, lol.

Just a guess but if you are praying and reading with your son he will turn out alright.

• Like 2

Just a guess but if you are praying and reading with your son he will turn out alright.

X2

• Like 1

X2

X3

Dads like you are few and far between. The world needs more like you.

I'm sure he'll turn out just fine, his attitude is much like mine, but I wasn't as good at sarcasm ;)