Sign in to follow this  
Showtime22

Just My Luck......

Just my luck.  Was planning a trip up to the Big O tomorrow to fish with my buddy up there before this front when, voila, my trolling motor dumped on me.  It was a nice Minn Kota Edge too.  70lbs thrust.  just crapped out.  Mechanic said there's power going all the way to the head and that its the motor itself.

Any suggestions on a place to get a new besides Bass Pro in Broward/Miami/Palm Beach?  I don't think thats something that can be repaired...

There was a thread on here a while ago about people swapping the head for more power. If you can do that I'm sure you can do it just as a repair. If you can find the thread I believe there was a link.

HA! nevermind!!! ITS ALIVE!!!! I accidentally hit the "off" switch which is tucked WAY UP under the pedal (probably to prevent that).  So it works!!!!!!

• Like 2

HA! nevermind!!! ITS ALIVE!!!! I accidentally hit the "off" switch which is tucked WAY UP under the pedal (probably to prevent that).  So it works!!!!!!

See, you are lucky.  Good thing you didn't toss it!

I am constantly hitting the off switch with my foot on my new Motor Craft trolling motor.

Was very upset the first time it happened; now I know what occurred and I just hit the switch to the on position and away I go.

So much for the mechanic that told you it was the head. How did he get power to the head with the switch off? I would be looking for a different mechanic!