Sign in to follow this  
curtis9

Tracker V17

I'm looking to see if anyone has experience with a tracker V17.  I've found a 1991 for sale, but was curious how this boat compares to the newer pro team boats.  I previously had a 2004 PT175.

I'm looking to get this boat to convert to electric only to use in my lake.  My concern is how deep the boat will sit in the water vs. the mod v hull.  Since it's electric only I'm not concerned with speed, or how it handles big water.  My primary concern is stability while fishing, and if there is reasonable room for 2 people.

Any comments from someone with experience with boat will be appreciated.  

They are decent boats. For what you're needing it for it wouldn't be bad option. They might sit a little deeper in the water than a modified v but not a whole lot. They can still fish skinny water well. 

One thing to know is it will blow around quite a bit if you have any wind.  So if you get it and don't already have a trolling motor.  I suggest you get a fairly powerful one with at least a 45" shaft.

One thing to know is it will blow around quite a bit if you have any wind. So if you get it and don't already have a trolling motor. I suggest you get a fairly powerful one with at least a 45" shaft.

I would plan to get a powerful trolling motor up front and stern mounted as well since it's electric only.

I'm just trying to decide in the v hull is good choice, or if I should keep looking for a mod v or a flat bottomed boat