Dead River

1 Cali. Lake & 1 Guide To Catch The Biggest Lm Bass Possible??

Fellows, if you could pick one lake in California and one guide to put you on the biggest Largemouth Bass possible, where would you fish and who would you fish with?

Off the top of my head an infisherman article about sightfishing bedding giants at mission viejo comes to mind.

Please make some suggestions, thx.

Since Mission Viejo sounds like it has been killed off (I fished there with Troy Folkestad), my next in line would also be Matt Allen at the lake of his choice :)

-T9

• Like 1

Yeah Mission Viejo had a big fish kill off due to Golden Algae bloom.  As for a guide, being that I live in S.Cal, honestly wouldn't need a guide, maybe a friend with a boat would be helpful more.  Diamond Valley would be a good start, many of the San Diego Lakes, Castaic and Casitas, also have Parris.  Honestly most lakes in S. Cal have the ability to produce double digit fish including most of the city park ponds regularly stocked with trout during the winter.  Think the park about 3mi from me has a lake record of 15+lbs.  

Matt Allen on any lake he wants. Would love to get on some of those spotted bass he's been posting on FB. Or 2nd choice paul Bailey on clearlake

• Like 1

Spotted bass would be matt Allen and largemouth would be Paul Bailey/Matt Allen on Clear lake

• Like 1

I live in Georgia, while I wouldn't mind catching a ten pound spotted bass I am more interested in catching a giant largemouth. I think with enough work and time I can catch a teener lm in GA. but I'd love to catch a troutfed 15 lb plus. probably won't happen this year... but i am doing some recon.