Sign in to follow this  
fisherrw

Casitas Fishing Report

Went to casitas today. Got a few bites on a dropshot and gitzit but no fish got hooked. Only went for a few hours. Casitas is very low and the only fishable place from the shore is were they lanch the boats....

You can also bank fish in the deep cat area via the radio control field parking.

Tough lake in the winter without a boat.

Tom

Yup no doubt about that...

You can also bank fish in the deep cat area via the radio control field parking.

Tough lake in the winter without a boat.

Tom

If no fish got hooked then you need to either sharpen your hooks or change them out.  I would second that.  Ive fished from shore over at top of the dam and done really well.  if you're over by the airport and walk down the hill to the water, there is an old fence line that is coming out of the water.  there is really good fishing from that shore, esepcially this time of year.  But from shore there you can cast into water up to 35 feet deep there.   though the fishing at the new launchramps are sick because of the big depth change, and there is a tree sunk to the left of the launch dock. and again you can cast into 25 foot deep water there too.    I nabbed a 6 and 7 this fall off that dock and the crew dock.  I'm currently banned from the lake for 6 months (for no fricking reason, long story but i fought back and won on this whole thing) but i should be back in the middle of january (only 2 month ban) fishing from the shore till my boat gets out of quarrantine.  Ive been fishing westlake lake from the shore, and boy do those fish at westlake fight like girls, they don't put up a fight at all.  I caught my PB last year this date and then beat it two days later.  I caught it only 15 feet from shore too.  

• Like 1

Wow great report slade house!!! Hope you get back on the lake soon... I will be going back in a few weeks to try your and WRB's sug!!!