Sign in to follow this  
BrianinMD

Question For Cold Weather Fishing

Thought I could find info in search but came up with nothing useful, so here goes.

Was fishing the last couple days and lost a glove overboard (was making a run and didn't realize until later). Now need to get another pair of gloves for cold weather fishing. Looking for a pair gloves to keep hands warm but able to cast a baitcaster. I know its a hard find so looking for info from others who fish in cold. Not overly worried about price for the right gloves. I do not want anything with exposed finger tips or mitten style.

Any suggestions?

My bud wears the Mechanix Gloves and raves about them. I thought it was funny because he fishes all Shimano JDM gear and I thought he'd have some super high tech gloves and he whips them out. He looked at me after about an hour and states "These gloves are awesome." Brian.

I'm in the same situation you are in OP. I like a thin, warm, not too cumbersome glove. I use a liner like these:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/60814?feat=liner-SR0&page=men-s-polartec-liner-gloves&attrValue_0=Black&productId=1025464

If it's really cold, I'll slip in a hand warmer but I usually don't need it. I have heard, but have not tried yet, a latex rubber glove under a liner glove like this works well too. I'll probably try that in the spring.