Sign in to follow this  
blackmax135

Driver Side Leg Room

When sitting in the driver seat in my bass boat there is no leg room. Its either have your legs straight out under the console or put your feet to the side. Also extremely hard to get out. If the steering wheel was higher this most likely would not be a problem but when sitting in the seat it is literally in my lap.  This seems dangerous. Anyone had this problem and fixed it.  Any ideas except deal with it lol

Buy a Lund. I could fit a family of four under the console and still have room for their dog.

• Like 1

Being 6'6" I run into this issue on a lot of boats. A lot of older boats had this issue. I'm lucky to even be able to get my legs under the console. You might be able to add a tilt steering wheel, but you'd have to check to make sure you still have clearance for your torso being that the tilt wheel will stick out farther. 

Being 6'6" I run into this issue on a lot of boats. A lot of older boats had this issue. I'm lucky to even be able to get my legs under the console. You might be able to add a tilt steering wheel, but you'd have to check to make sure you still have clearance for your torso being that the tilt wheel will stick out farther. 

You would have to sit on the back deck to drive the boat. lol I'm 5'9" and have problems

• Like 1

Do people still test drive a boat anymore ?

Do people still test drive a boat anymore ?

I did test drive it.  When the only issue with the boat is leg room and live wells I'm not going to pass up the steal I got when I didn't own a boat.  I can't be picky when I don't have all the money in the world. 

You would have to sit on the back deck to drive the boat. lol I'm 5'9" and have problems

I almost had to sit half indian style in my last one! Boat manufactures have finally started to realize people are not one size fits all.

I almost had to sit half indian style in my last one! Boat manufactures have finally started to realize people are not one size fits all.

lol. You know the sad part is my fiance is 5'3" and only 125 and has trouble fitting.

lol. You know the sad part is my fiance is 5'3" and only 125 and has trouble fitting.

Man that is rough! Makes you wonder what the designer thought when they made the prototype.  "hmm should be good enough for midgits, lets go with it!"

How much are Hernia seats costing new ?

I would yank the whole seat setup & put in a bow rider boat seat.  Mine is has all 3 directions & a flip up front edge for docking or to change positions while running.

You guys will be in wheelchairs & replacement joints later in life..........Fix the crap seat setups.