ChrisWi

Lews Spinning Reel Problem

I purchased a Lews Speed Spin g2 (it's a $40 reel so ya know ya get what you pay for) but I own two other ones an they're great! However, when I pull drag it comes out in bursts. It's still smooth but it will go from a really light setting the. Tense up then light again. Well drag is being pulled the spool wobbles. Back and forth. I've taken it apart 2 times and cant find Whats wrong. Any help would be much appreciated!

What kind of line is spooled up? Is it dug into itself? The wobbling spool doesn't sound good. Is it new enough to return for exchange?

20 Pound Original Power Pro, brand New so couldn't really be dug in. I no longer have the boxing for it. (Foolish) so i won't be able to return it.

Would it be missing a washer or something like that?

I don't know what's wrong with the reel other than it being 40 bucks.  I have Shakespere agility very smooth reel but the drag stinks.  The settings don't click and zeroing it in takes a little trial and error, jumping up only 20 or $30 can make a difference in drag performance.

Using Pfluegers from a trion up to a supreme I have not experienced an inconsistent performing drag or any other problems.

Still even though it is 40 bucks I doubt it supposed to work like that. In my opinion the higher the price of spinning reel the better the durability, of course high-end models are smoother, but the performance don`t increase that much. Chris, contact the seller.

Still even though it is 40 bucks I doubt it supposed to work like that. In my opinion the higher the price of spinning reel the better the durability, of course high-end models are smoother, but the performance don`t increase that much. Chris, contact the seller.

This....

I was just surprised it had problems, my other two are great reels, in fact compete with my President. I'd return it but don't have original boxing. So I'm trying to fix it myself but can't get it.

I was just surprised it had problems, my other two are great reels, in fact compete with my President. I'd return it but don't have original boxing. So I'm trying to fix it myself but can't get it.

You probably got a lemon. I said in another thread that w/mass manufactured products, as most reels are, there is going to be a lemon every once in a while. I always keep packaging, receipts, ECT. Because I have gotten a few lemons in my time. Then the one I get as a replacement usually works fine... If not, then that's when you realize that quality control is not where it needs to be.

You probably got a lemon. I said in another thread that w/mass manufactured products, as most reels are, there is going to be a lemon every once in a while. I always keep packaging, receipts, ECT. Because I have gotten a few lemons in my time. Then the one I get as a replacement usually works fine... If not, then that's when you realize that quality control is not where it needs to be.

I have the receipt. I'll have to look for the box.