Sign in to follow this  
Green Trout

Offset Or Ewg For Zoom Super Fluke Jr.

i use an offset straight shank worm hook. A guy on here turned me onto it last year. I was having trouble with hookups really bad. The fish would take it, but I couldn't get a good hookset, and I was using good hooks too (Gamakatsu).

He said try the straigh-shank. It exits the back of the fluke at an angle so if the fish doesn't get a good enough clamp-down, your hookset will still punch it through.

Hookups have dramatically increased. I almost never use EWG's anymore for flukes.

I'm not even sure what that is.  Is it the paddle tail fluke?  I pretty much just use super flukes anymore.

I'm no expert, but I don't think it has 'Super' in the name. 

I don't use those anymore except as swim jig trailers.  They're nearly impossible for me to rig straight with any hook.  Couple that with the fact that they're too light for me to throw with anything other than spinning gear -- only takes about a half hour to twist a rig into useless oblivion.  I stick with super flukes now.

Neither

3/0 Skip Gap for Jr's / 4/0 for supers

Mike

I've had luck with the straight shank but the fluke can slide down more easily than if it is on an EWG.

I'm no expert, but I don't think it has 'Super' in the name. 

I don't use those anymore except as swim jig trailers.  They're nearly impossible for me to rig straight with any hook.  Couple that with the fact that they're too light for me to throw with anything other than spinning gear -- only takes about a half hour to twist a rig into useless oblivion.  I stick with super flukes now.

No, it still has "Super" in the name. Like he said its the same thing as a regular super fluke, but instead of being 5" it's 4". Still has the belly slit and everything else that makes a Super Fluke a Super Fluke. You're thinking of the 3" Tiny Fluke, which is just a smaller version of The Fluke. To the OP, just use a smaller version of what ever hook you use on a standard size Super Fluke.

I switched to KVD Swim'n Caffeine Shad.....in pearl white. That thing is awesome. 

If you are talking about the little flukes that are like 3" I nose hook them and throw it as a double rig.