Sign in to follow this  
Montanaro

Plat.co.jp Reel Parts

Anyone order parts from plat.co.jp? I read where many people buy replacement parts from them but when I put in an order they have given me the run around saying they can't export and that I need to ship my reel to them.

Anyone order parts from plat.co.jp? I read where many people buy replacement parts from them but when I put in an order they have given me the run around saying they can't export and that I need to ship my reel to them.

I think you have some bad information or have gotten into some sort of a scam.  If they can't export, how would they return your reel?

I've placed two Shimano parts orders with Plat - no problems or issues.  Both orders were placed on their parts web pages - selected the parts, went through the check out process, paid. They only order parts (in this case from Shimano) once a week so when you place your order on-line, it will be on hold until they receive the parts from Shimano and then will ship out your order. So, it could take 10 days or longer to receive your parts depending on what day you place your order...

I placed an order and one of the employees said the parts were for repairs by daiwa and I would need to mail my reel.

Then another employee who I was told to talk to by a daiwa user who ordered the part that I was ordering, acted like they have never sold parts even though he personally sold it to the above mentioned daiwa user. He was asking me how I got my info and if any other Japanese company sold parts.

I will try japan tackle.

Being treated like a fool by ogawa on plat.co.jp is disenchanting. Maybe it's the language barrier but him stating they don't ship parts and that I needed to show him a Japanese store that would made me mad.