basscatcher8

Road Runners

I was wondering if you guys had any good methods to keep powder paint out of the swiven on a road runner when painting. I did a batch this weekend and put tin foil over the swivel before heating up the jig. It worked ok but was just curious if anybody found a better way?

No I haven't.  I finally just started painting them with a brush and enamel paint.

I was wondering if you guys had any good methods to keep powder paint out of the swiven on a road runner when painting. I did a batch this weekend and put tin foil over the swivel before heating up the jig. It worked ok but was just curious if anybody found a better way?

I haven't either. I put foil over them like you do. I'm glad I don't do a lot of these, as doing it this way is very tedious.

Hmmmm, I have to try the brush and enamel one of these days.

I do a lot of horseheads - after I get them poured and cleaned up, I'll sit in front of the tube and just put tin foil over the swivels so that when I get ready to powder paint they're ready to go.  If you use enamel make sure to put a coat of epoxy over them or any plastic baits will melt the paint. 

Where is a good place to get the molds for these. Preferably in larger sizes that accept larger hooks like a 1/4-1/2 oz size

I got mine from Barlow's its just a Do-It mold.