Sign in to follow this  
TRolince

Attachment To Prevent Snags

Hello fellow fishing enthusiasts, 

A friend and I are working on developing an attachment to go on you're line that will prevent the lure from getting stuck on weeds.  It would work by slightly adjusting the water flow in order to push the weeds out of the way, but wouldn't affect the movement of the lure.  I was wondering if anyone here had any feedback or suggestions for the design. It would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a picture of a potential design, just so you know what I'm thinking of

post-51056-0-61665400-1422631228_thumb.p

How is it rigged?

• Like 1

hmmm... I am a bit confused at the concept. If that is placed ahead of the bait, what stops the mechanism itself from catching weeds?

You use a similar concept when slow rolling hudds. Peg a glass bead in front of you bait and it keeps all the slime from getting stuck all over the nose of it. As for making lures weedless if it can prevent trebles from fouling that could be advantageous. For almost all top hook baits that problem has been solved. I made something last year that is guaranteed 99% weedless and works flawlessly. I cut the stupid weed guards off jigs usually since there junk and my idea is far superior.

Btw that picture reminds me. You can one of those clear suction cups with the hooks and pop a hole in the middle and turn it backwards in front of a bait. It turns anything into a chatter bait basically.