Sign in to follow this  
Robert Riley

New Frog Rod

I'm in the market for a new frog rod this summer (yeah, i know how soon that is). I'm very partial to Dobyns has I get a discount. 

Anyone have any Champion series that they use for frogs? 

EDIT: Looking at the D736

Dobyns 735 is the best Frog Rod in the market imo. I don't own a 736 but I have had a 766 and that was a broom stick

I wouldn't say the 735c is the "best" but it is a really good frog rod. I tried my buddies Steez XBD and it's amazing but it's more than what I want to spend for a frog rod.

I have a 735c and its balance is superb and has the nice tip to chuck them frogs. I would definitely recommend it.

Dx 746 baby! If not that, I always liked the 736. I prefer too much power as opposed to too little. I can pull dinks out in open water with either but when it's crazy heavy cover, the extra power helps

Dx 746 baby! If not that, I always liked the 736. I prefer too much power as opposed to too little. I can pull dinks out in open water with either but when it's crazy heavy cover, the extra power helps

I can get behind that mentality.

I was in the same boat as you. I don't think the 735 or 736 would be wrong but I don't have really heavy cover or 8lb bass up here in mn. I just bought a 735c and haven't had a chance to use it yet.

To the OP, the type of water and cover you mainly fish on your waters will help determine which C series you should go with. If you fish waters that have very dense cover then I would say 736. 

I'm in the market for a new frog rod this summer (yeah, i know how soon that is). I'm very partial to Dobyns has I get a discount.

Anyone have any Champion series that they use for frogs?

EDIT: Looking at the D736

The 736c is the only rod I throw a frog on... I throw it in open water as well as they heaviest of cover. It's just more simple for me personally to not have to worry about switching rods. There is still tip on the rod, it's easy to walk a frog with a little practice as well as cast or pitch it wherever you need it.

• Like 1