Tyler j

Good Reel Cleaning And Bocas?

Hi guys hope ur fine. I have a bunch of dirty reels. They just aren't what they used to be, and I would like to heat them professinal u cleaned. I also have tons of question on the boca bearings and if they are beneficial to the reel. Thanks in advance

Mike at DVT is your guy. Shoot him a PM and he will take care of your reels and discuss bearing upgrades. If the bearings aren't bad, chances are your stock bearings when flushed and lightly lubed will be just fine.

• Like 1

After you send them in, buy a ardent reel care kit to maintain.

A deep clean brings a lot of good. New high class bearings for the spool will bring the most benefit if the old ones are no longer performing. Go with your cleaners recommendation.

Mike at DVT is your guy. Shoot him a PM and he will take care of your reels and discuss bearing upgrades. If the bearings aren't bad, chances are your stock bearings when flushed and lightly lubed will be just fine.

X2 - Mike is a great guy and gives a discount to Bass Resource members.

You'll be amazed how much better your reels will perform with a good cleaning and proper lubrication.

Dave

Yup, a good cleaning, relube, = new & improved performance, as far as bearings, it may be they just need properly clean w drop of oil... Of course it never hurts to install new Abec bearings.

DVT.. That's the rod & reel man you wanna talk to. Best wishes...

Tyler,

I'm a Boca dealer so IF you need bearings I can help. If the reels are dirty, like the guys have  said a good cleaning makes a world of difference. Send me whatever you have at your convenience and I'll take care of them. Be sure to include your screen name to get the BassResource.com discount (10% off labor).

Let me know if you have any questions - PM, email, phone, smoke signals....

You probably don't need bearings, but you certainly need Carbontex drag.