Sign in to follow this  
Buckjunkie

Rod Recommendation

Looking for a rod to double as a Skinney Dipper and spinnerbait rod. $150 max. Thanks

Powell Inferno 703 is what I've been using as a Spinnerbait rod and so far it's great.

Any MH-F rod in 6'6" up to 7'6" will work fine. The information is vague because we don't know what kind of water you fish, a 7'6" MH-F is going to be a little long for stalking shorelines of ponds on foot, or throwing skinny dippers under overhangs or skipping under docks. So, if you are fishing these in tight spots most of the time but occasionally you make long casts to open water off shore, than I'd look at a rod that is between 6'8" and 7'3" in a MH-F configuration. You have to tell us how you are going to use these and be specific in what you want, for example, maybe you want a rod to have a full grip instead of split, or vice versa or you don't want it to have a skeleton reel seat, something like that will allow others to give you some ideas.

My personal thoughts are spend a little more and get a Phenix M1 MX72MH 

or just get a Bass Pro rod. They're decent and everyone loves them. Any MH $150 rod will be decent however.