Sign in to follow this  
FishinDaddy

H2O Express

Anyone have one of these...

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/h2o-xpress-realtree-max-4-mettle-mt2-baitcast-reel-right-handed/pid-946076?N=274871093

Looking for a review.  It matches up to a color scheme on a rod I'm building and wanted to know how it fishes.

I have a few of the Mettles, the plain silver ones that I'm assuming are the exact same minus the paint jobs. That camo one was on sale for $40 in the store closest to me yesterday. The silver ones are great, especially since $40 is the most I paid for any of them. I even used one flipping the grass in Holiday Park in Florida while we were down there and it handled the 50lb braid and grass just fine. They cast a mile and are very smooth little reels for the money. My oldest one is 3 years old now and has a ton of miles on it. I keep waiting for it to quit but it just keeps on trucking. 

I have a few of the Mettles, the plain silver ones that I'm assuming are the exact same minus the paint jobs. That camo one was on sale for $40 in the store closest to me yesterday. The silver ones are great, especially since $40 is the most I paid for any of them. I even used one flipping the grass in Holiday Park in Florida while we were down there and it handled the 50lb braid and grass just fine. They cast a mile and are very smooth little reels for the money. My oldest one is 3 years old now and has a ton of miles on it. I keep waiting for it to quit but it just keeps on trucking. 

Wish I had your resistance to the Bait Monkey.  Taking anything that helps?  :teeth:

Personally if I waited for a reel to wear out, I'd still be fishing with one.  :whistle::roflmao:

The h2o mettle is an amazing deal of a reel. Buy with confidence if that's what you're wanting.