Sign in to follow this  
Roadblock

Shimano Curado 200I Vs. New Citica 200I

Can someone tell me the difference between the Curado 200I and the new Citica 200I? They look like the SAME exact reel but different color spools etc.

Talking about these two:

http://fish.shimano.com/content/sac-fish/en/home/products/fishing-reels/baitcast/citica.html

http://fish.shimano.com/content/sac-fish/en/home/products/fishing-reels/baitcast/curado.html

When you read on Shimano's page they sound slightly different but the more I read it sounds like they both have the stable spool design, the x-ship etc.

From what i understand the difference is the bearings. The curado has the S A-RB bearings, which are double shielded bearings. The citica has the standard A-RB bearings i believe. Also the curado has more models to choose from.

Machined handle and maybe drag star on the Curado vs cast on the Citica. I got them both and I much prefer the looks of the Curado but to each their own.

I don't really think the differences will dictate whether or not you feel you made the right choice. Go with whichever tickles your fancy. I love my Curado I.

I was asking from a cost standpoint. Wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the extra money but it looks like it's only $20 dollars or so.

Machined handle and maybe drag star on the Curado vs cast on the Citica. I got them both and I much prefer the looks of the Curado but to each their own.

The curado has a machined aluminum drag star??

I was asking from a cost standpoint. Wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the extra money but it looks like it's only $20 dollars or so.

curado i can still be found for $129

The curado has a machined aluminum drag star??

I'm pretty sure its machined and anodized while the citica s might be painted. They are the same size and shape but the edges on the citica dragstar are sharper.

I'm pretty sure its machined and anodized while the citica s might be painted. They are the same size and shape but the edges on the citica dragstar are sharper.

That's good to know. I didn't realize the curado I had an aluminum drag star.

I've got the new Curado I and I absolutely love it!  Haven't tried the new Citica yet though.  

Handled the new Citica I yesterday in a local store and I must say I am impressed. Love the grips, the look, and the feel of this reel. Most impressive Citica yet and I loved the Citica 200E. Still do. The Curado I is hard to beat for the price it can be had for though. To me, no point in buying a Citica until they get much further away from each other in price. But then again, we like what we like and there aren't really any wrong choices if we're happy with what we have or get. Enjoy.