Sign in to follow this  
jtharris3

My What The Heck? Moment Tonight

It was a tough few hours of fishing. My go to spot didn't produce any bites in about 2.5 hours of fishing. With about 30 minutes of day light left I decided to head over and give another spot a try. I tied on a 3/8oz black and blue chatter bait and on about the fourth cast I'm reeling it in and the bait just stops! I set the hook and the fight is on! The fish was digging hard and not coming up. I thought to myself, whoa buddy, I've got a good one here!

I finally started gaining ground on this fish and what do I see? A dadgum sheephead! About 7 or 8 pounds.

Well at least I wasn't skunked, technically. ;)

Drum love bladed jigs, I've been disappointed by them several times.  This one got my squarebill Thursday.

I caught a much larger one on a 5/8oz brush jig the same day but unfortunately didn't get it on camera. 

• Like 2

Drum love bladed jigs, I've been disappointed by them several times.  This one got my squarebill Thursday.

I caught a much larger one on a 5/8oz brush jig the same day but unfortunately didn't get it on camera. 

Is that a BPS Extreme rod? I love mine for squarebills.

Is that a BPS Extreme rod? I love mine for squarebills.

No, that's a St. Croix Pro Glass cranking rod. Best squarebill rod I've ever owned but unfortunately they quit making them several years ago. I was lucky enough to pick that one up off another member a few years back after my buddy broke mine. 

• Like 1