Sign in to follow this  
Kyrazzy7

Weird Reel Problem!?

So I just got a new set up today. It's a quantum accurist pt casting reel. And I put on fx2 froggin and flipping 50lb braid. Now here's my problem?.

After I put it on my new pole and spooled it, when I put my lure on and went to adjust my spool tension nob. It has to be all the way tighten down. And if it's not than when I open it up the lure drops super fast and it over turns quite a bit. And that's with the internal braking system and external turned all the way up.

So what's going on? Cause my okuma reel isn't like this.

Is this a problem? And what do I do to fix it? PLEASE HELP

Not sure if the spool tension knob as a spring in it like my shimanos but sometimes after I clean the bearings I place the spring in wrong, you could try taking the knob off and check it

The braid won't slip that easily. Chances are there is a spacer(s) missing from inside the tension cap. Being new I'd just bring it back and try to get them for some line that was wasted as well. The alternative is to go to the Quatum site, look at the schematic and see what's missing and replace it. 

• Like 1

The braid won't slip that easily. Chances are there is a spacer(s) missing from inside the tension cap. Being new I'd just bring it back and try to get them for some line that was wasted as well. The alternative is to go to the Quatum site, look at the schematic and see what's missing and replace it.

Well I took your advice and took it back today. Turns out it was missing parts and they knew about it! They said they don't know how it got back on the shelf. Oh well. And they were out of more of the same reel. So after refunding me my money they also gave me an additional 50$ store credit. Which was cool. So I bought an Abu Garcia Revo s. And after fishing with it today I gotta say I like it a lot. And! On my second cast with a complete new set up caught my new PB! Today was a good day :). Thanks for the help!