Sign in to follow this  
Bpett2552

Fishing In Submerged Vegetation

I love fishing a texas rig around submerged vegetation, but as I hop or swim my bait through the cover plants often get caught on the front of my bullet sinker. Is there a way that you guys fish texas rigs around underwater plants that prevents you from catching on so many weeds? Also are there any other lures that you guys like to fish in vegetation other than a texas rigged craw, worm or even a jig?

Thanks.

I love fishing a texas rig around submerged vegetation, but as I hop or swim my bait through the cover plants often get caught on the front of my bullet sinker. Is there a way that you guys fish texas rigs around underwater plants that prevents you from catching on so many weeds? Also are there any other lures that you guys like to fish in vegetation other than a texas rigged craw, worm or even a jig?

Thanks.

I use tungsten for T rigs-smaller profile. But I also fish weightless Trick Worms and flukes. I try to swim a Rat L Trap just over the grass just fast enough not to bog down. Then I use topwaters early or late.

Of course you can use a weightless stick worm, T rigged. But I haven't had any luck with it yet.

try a mojo rig ...

Inserted tube weight is another option that works well.

:fishing-026: