badhatharry

They're Heeere!

I ordered a Humminbird Helix 7 Combo unit from BPS yesterday.  I just got an email that it was shipped.  Now the waiting.......

• Like 1

Could you plese post a review of your unit.(ie)how simple to use,and set up,and does it have along learning curve,or  difficult to master.I would surely appreciate it as I'm going to need anew unit next spring.

thank you

GG

Could you plese post a review of your unit.(ie)how simple to use,and set up,and does it have along learning curve,or  difficult to master.I would surely appreciate it as I'm going to need anew unit next spring.

thank you

GG

Will do!

Well, they actually do have them....I picked it up at BPS today.  This is going to be a fun weekend!

Well, they actually do have them....I picked it up at BPS today.  This is going to be a fun weekend!

Very interested in your feedback....started researching upgrades this week as one of the kids kicked my transducer off of my Humminbird Piranahmax 160, which was too basic to really help me find what I'm looking for anyway.  Might as well upgrade....and though I started with the search wide open to brands and models, I'm very much leaning towards a Helix 5 SI model.  I fish from a pontoon and have been reading that SI will be of great benefit for the sheer size of the boat.

Very interested in your feedback....started researching upgrades this week as one of the kids kicked my transducer off of my Humminbird Piranahmax 160, which was too basic to really help me find what I'm looking for anyway.  Might as well upgrade....and though I started with the search wide open to brands and models, I'm very much leaning towards a Helix 5 SI model.  I fish from a pontoon and have been reading that SI will be of great benefit for the sheer size of the boat.

I probably won't be able to help you much, my unit is a basic sonar GPS model.  But, that being said, I'm very pleased so far.

• Like 1

CDobber the Helix 5 si/gps will be great for your pontoon , Since most of the time your throwing at the bank this will give you a great way to look at structure and you still have di/ gps and sonar. It's really a great unit  just picked up the 7 for my bigger boat .... Good luck