Bassmaster Mel

Candlewood Lake, Ct.

Look at the map of Candlewood fish the stumps.

This comes from Jimmy Houston it's where he caught his first double digit bass don't tell anyone. It's passed on from a guide there.

• Like 1

That's a loaded question, brother! I've only ever fished it in late April. Always caught them on Jerkbaits, spider grubs, and cranks. I'd vote a bandit 200 in spring craw, or maybe this time of year orange/brown craw. Strike King 3XD in a similar color. Spinnerbaits or Jerkbaits ripped/burned in shad patterns. Drop shot anything. Lol. Good luck!

Thanks alot. I usually get them with the tubes also brown ones and green pumpkin w/red and black flakes.

I will def try these thanks. Never done drop shoting before gonna try it out this Thursday see if i can catch some big ones.

Thanks alot. I usually get them with the tubes also brown ones and green pumpkin w/red and black flakes.

I will def try these thanks. Never done drop shoting before gonna try it out this Thursday see if i can catch some big ones.

How did you do? Anything Big?

Anyone been out on Candlewood lately? How did it go and what have you been getting them on?