Sign in to follow this  
cgolf

Swim Jig And Trailer Test Part 3

Need to thank max redneck (shortened if instead of really screwing up the name) for this test idea. Will also add the links for parts 1 and 2.

Nice ~

I'll say that that the hitch hiker is an effective presentation in many situations but not when using it as a trailer on a swim jig.

From what I've seen, the benefit of the swim & wobble that the swimbait adds to the swimjig when attached in the traditional method (threading it on the hook) is lost quite a bit when using the hitch hiker.

A-Jay

This was a blast to do and I learned a lot. I might have to try some other stuff this way too. It is cool to be surprised when a bait works way different than you thought. For instance I had thought the 3" Kalins had a stiffer tail and didn't work as good as the 5" so I didn't throw them anymore. Well this test proved me wrong and they will be used a lot next year.

Nice ~

I'll say that that the hitch hiker is an effective presentation in many situations but not when using it as a trailer on a swim jig.

From what I've seen, the benefit of the swim & wobble that the swimbait adds to the swimjig when attached in the traditional method (threading it on the hook) is lost quite a bit when using the hitch hiker.

A-Jay

It didn't completely lose it, but it was less. What was interesting though was on the drop how it fell. The look of the bait chasing the jig could pay some dividends, but maybe not on a swim jig.