Sign in to follow this  
firefightermdo

Fishing Lake Conroe

Hello,

I have been fishing since I was a little boy. My father would always take us to Arkansas to fish where his parents lived. However, the only type of fishing we did was trolling. I now have a family of my own and when I take them out on the boat to fish we too troll. It is easier for my two young girls to behave and fish that way. I have a 14' jon boat with a Hummingbird 197c. It is off the back of the boat to scan down. I like to use the trolling motor and cast out to catch the fish. I went out yesterday with a friend of mine and we caught a total of 5 fish. 3 small bass, 1 - 2 lb bass and he hooked a channel catfish with a lipless crank bait. I am not very good at determining what type of lure to use for different conditions. It was overcasy most of the day and windy. Is there anyone out there that could help me out and point me in the right direction to catch more bass during this time of year. I have read to follow the bait fish. When we did find the bait fish we did not catch any bass. All help and tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Welcome aboard and as far as information goes.  Check out al the articles and videos on this site and you will learn a ton of information.  If you can't find it there then go ahead and ask or use the search function. 

there is so much info here it is almost information overload...

How y'all are? ;)

Do a google search for Lake Conroe bassresource

Jack (fishfordollars) Yates had some tips for Conroe!