Sign in to follow this  
rchiuz

Live Target Hallow Body Sunfish: Any real time usage reviews?

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone had a chance yet to try out the Live Target Hallow Body Sunfish yet?

Thoughts? Reviews?

I have one on backorder from TW. I cannot wait to get it and try it out- seems perfect for the small pond I usually fish. It's loaded with bluegill and pumpkinseed and no real shad presence at all.

• Like 2

I got one for Christmas and I think it looks great. However I won't be using it for another 5 months, but it seems like it should be a solid bait.image.jpg.8edceb4f647c0872891a82924bdad0

I got one saturday. It was the only one left so I grabbed it. Pretty excited to use it this summer! :D

I have thrown them for 2 outings now. They walk very easily, have a unique tale swishing action. I have not caught a fish on one yet, but I will continue to throw one. The only con for my liking is the fact that you have to squeeze it every other cast due to water seeping in. Bugs me because this doesn't happen to their  Live Target frogs. I think this bait will be very popular. I know come this Spring this bait will shine for me. 

2 minutes ago, BassinLou said:

I have thrown them for 2 outings now. They walk very easily, have a unique tale swishing action. I have not caught a fish on one yet, but I will continue to throw one. The only con for my liking is the fact that you have to squeeze it every other cast due to water seeping in. Bugs me because this doesn't happen to their  Live Target frogs. I think this bait will be very popular. I know come this Spring this bait will shine for me. 

Is it ok To hope you got a bad one? Squeezing water every few casts wouLd certainly get old.

18 minutes ago, Dypsis said:

Is it ok To hope you got a bad one? Squeezing water every few casts wouLd certainly get old.

Nope, didn't get a bad one because I bought 2 different colors and I threw them both with similar results. 

I fished some heavy pads with it but I do notice it does take on water. Unlike the frogs.

I'm still waiting on mine, but like others mentioned, I probably won't be able to give this much of a workout until at least April.