Sign in to follow this  
Fishing Doug

spinnerbaits w/ holographic blade....

Fellas, what are your thoughts on these? Specifically the Strike King Redeye series:

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=44626&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

I have decent success with traditional Strike King spinnerbaits so I picked up the box of 8 spinnerbaits for $12 at BPS.  What are your thoughts on 'painted' blades on s-baits? I have never strayed away from the traditional gold/silver.  I figured worst case scenario is I switch out the blade to a silver/gold..the price seemed to be right.

Thanks in advance,

FD

Painted blades work well in off colored water but I find little use far holographic, meticulously painted, or patterned blades.

Guest avid

I find that painted blades especially white and chartruese work well on cloudy days in stained water.  The holographics...........jury is still out.

I like the Redeye spinnerbaits.  I use the white one a lot in clear water for smallmouths.  I agree with avid that painted blades work well on cloudy days.  If it's sunny I usually go with a double willow-leaf spinnerbait (silver blades).

I don't fish spinner baits much, just a little in the spring and early summer but the firetiger color redeye 3/16 oz spinner bait was my #1 producing spinner bait in 2006 for size,numbers, and variaty of fish, actually caught more pike than bass on it (according to my journal) It was effective in fairly clear water too. My one complaint with this spinnerbait is it is not durable, nor will it run true for more than a few casts. I like the blades and am removing them from all the junk redeyes i have to be used on other.......better spinnerbaits