Sign in to follow this  
Catch 22

COLD water,good catching

A week ago the wt was 49,then the bottom dropped out.2 days ago at midnite it was 11 degrees and being the second cold nite,froze my local waters .

Toady temps moderated and a scouting trip revealed 1/2 of my favorite place was still frozen. WTHeck.I put the boat in and proceeded to catch 10 pickerel,2 perch @ 13.5"+3 smaller ones,1 crappie and the bonus was a 2.5 lb lmb.The hot lure was  a1/16 oz light brown/w pinch of white hair jig. I made only 1 of them experiment with and of course a pickerel bit it off. Most of the piks took a 3.5" jerk.

Not bad for 2 hrs on the water. Negative note I lost a rod in 6' depth. Will be searching for it in the morn.

C22 

• Like 1

That is excellent this time of year!

Most of the water I fish is in the upper 30's right now. Don't think much of anything bites at that cold.

hope you find that rod!  sucks to only be in 6' but at near freezing i'm not swimming for it....

32 minutes ago, buzzed bait said:

hope you find that rod!  sucks to only be in 6' but at near freezing i'm not swimming for it....

Thanks.Yep no swimming here either.30 mins with an extendable boat hook dredged it up.Now for the clean up.

• Like 3