Sign in to follow this  
Choporoz

Rooftop Lift Assist Recommendations?

I'm in the market for a kayak lift assist system.  My wife wants to take her Perception out alone, but is unable to get it onto the racks on her RAV4 alone. (Not just the gross weight, but height of Jracks, wide plastic fairing on back of car, etc.)

We're looking into load assist systems and promising looking choices appear to be Showboat, Hullavator, Telos and maybe Rhino (Nautic or RUSL.)

Does anyone here have any personal experience with any of these?

my dad had the hullavator and it worked great.  Only had the lift the kayak to around waist height i believe.  I haven't used the other ones.

My dad also has the hullivators and they do work very well. They should handle the perception without any issue. 

Influenced in no small part by posts above, we went to REI and got a Hullavator shortly after I asked here.  Between the new crossbars and the Hullavator itself, it cost more than I would have liked to spend.  And...installation was a bit of a PITA.

However, after a month of use, I can report that we are VERY happy with this purchase.  Works perfectly and my wife can load/unload by herself any time now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Choporoz said:

Influenced in no small part by posts above, we went to REI and got a Hullavator shortly after I asked here.  Between the new crossbars and the Hullavator itself, it cost more than I would have liked to spend.  And...installation was a bit of a PITA.

However, after a month of use, I can report that we are VERY happy with this purchase.  Works perfectly and my wife can load/unload by herself any time now.

Glad you like them, they are pretty pricey but they work very well.