Thinking of getting a decent quality spinning set up for father's day (price range -$200).... I read up a little on this Quantum Throttle, the unibody design intrigues me... So i stopped by the local Academy to hold one 

The reel definitely feels more solid than any ive held.. Its as smooth as any new reel in its price range should be... But one thing bothered me.... While fooling with it, i noticed that i could actually spin the rotor wrong way around with little effort (yes, anti-reverse switch was on)..... None of my reels do this, and neither did any others in the store

I think this model just came out last year, i couldnt find any useful reviews online..... Who has one?... You like it?... And does yours have the same problem as the display at Academy?...... Or perhaps was the display just abused (by people like me) and broken???

Not a verry popular reel i guess??

I shoulda asked to see one in the box, probably just the display was broken.... Figured someone here had one and might wanna check theirs for the same issue 

Btw... I didn't break it... Handle was loose, i held the rotor to tighten it and felt something give..... The handle can turn free of the rotor and the rotor can turn free of the handle.... I could see this being a big problem on sharp hook sets, or even playing a hefty fish

I'd go with a proven reel in that price range and get a Pfluegar President instead. 

Thanks blubass

The preaident is on my radar too... The titanium spool lip and "sure click" bail are the main attractions..... I have 2 old Shimano's on my shelf... The Sahara has a worn out bail spring that wont close, and the line actually wore grooves in the bail wire..... And the Sienna still works fine, but the spool lip it chipped so bad it started cutting my line when i casted

I replaced the sienna with another sienna few years ago, its still going strong... The new Sahara looks sharp, and i like the 6.2 ratio, but im weary of it because of the problem mine had.... Ive used nothing but Shimano for the past 15 years, just thought id try something different this time..... 

I just got an Okuma RTX 25 not long ago because I wanted something lightweight with a high retrieve speed for drop shot fishing. I've been very impressed with it so far and found it online for $75. The slow retrieve speed is my only complaint with my Presidents. 

Havnt even looked at Okuma.. Thought they were more saltwater oriented..... Ill check em out

Take a look at the pflueger supreme spinning reel 

I prefer to buy from Academy, they did me right on my last purchase... I had issues with my Abu Orra after 6 months of use.. They exchanged it no questions asked..... Then i got greedy and exchanged the rod too, they didnt blink an eye, great service! Saved me from a warranty headache!

Their site doesnt show the supreme, only the president... And for Okuma they carry the Inspira and down

Also looking at the Lews tournament speed metal..... And i still havnt completely ruled the Sahara out

while i like my lew's baitcasting reels, i was less than impressed with their spinning reels.  i have 2 pflueger trions and a patriarch.  i've owned presidents and supremes previously and they all performed at or above my expectations.