Sign in to follow this  
Robert Riley

Lew's Custom Speed Stick

Anyone one use these rods? I really like those winn grips and I need a frogging rod, might just buy one for the he!! of it.

Lews Custom Lite has the Winn grip. I just got a Custom in Heavy for frogs, love it, very light.

50 minutes ago, Robert Riley said:

Yeah this one .com/rods-customlite.php

It is kinda confusing. Their lightest is called Custom and another model, which is heavier, is call CustomLite. :huh:

went through two this spring the reel seats are garbage reel would wobble and come looseso i took the first one back and exchanged it got home with a different one about a week went by and it did the same thing so i took it back.  about a month went by and i was back where i bought them lookin for some frogs and as i was walkin in another gentleman was also bringing 2 back for the same issue.  if u were to try and build those rods yourself the win grips (over rated in my opinion) would run u over $25 and the microwave guides would be another $35 then u have to buy a reel seat and blank. guess what im gettin at here is basically those rods are nothing more then a tricked out walmart rod, not that there is anything wrong with that.  but at the $99 price point there are way better rods outthere with lifetime warranties for just $10 more cough cough dobyns fury