Sign in to follow this  
jitterbug127

getting skunked

This spring has Been terrible for my buddy and I. We have been out 10 times at least for long trips of 6 plus hours. Between the two of us I've caught 2 Bass and he has got zero. Been throwing everything from jigs, topwater, spinners, plastics etc. Just wondered if anyone else has bad such bad luck? I am going to keep fishing and find new water. 

Also this has Been on 4 different lakes as wel

Tough to say for sure what may be attributing to your lack of success.  Generally speaking & throughout their range, this is a pretty decent time of the year to fish for Smallies. 

Clearly I'm not familiar with the lakes you're fishing but it may simply boil down to where you're throwing and not what.

If these waters are known to have the fish you're looking for, bass are going to be shallow at some point here soon, if not already.

Fishing in the immediate vicinity of spawning areas has got to pay off eventually.

A-Jay

I have a lot of those days. But I go back and try my luck anyway.

it was like that about 2 months ago here, but since then has been pretty good for me.... got to take the good with the bad and keep at it!

Perseverance...one day soon you'll get on 'em and then B) 

Yeah just going to keep fishing. I know Indiana isnt the bass capital of the world for sure, but I am going to hit up Brookeville lake this weekend 

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:45 PM, A-Jay said:

Clearly I'm not familiar with the lakes you're fishing but it may simply boil down to where you're throwing and not what.

This ^^

• Like 1

Hit up a farm pond and we caught around 18 Between the two of us. It was nice to see fish again. I am going back out Tuesday afternoon well see what happens. Had a real cold spell here in Indiana over last week 

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 5:23 PM, jitterbug127 said:

This spring has Been terrible for my buddy and I. We have been out 10 times at least for long trips of 6 plus hours. Between the two of us I've caught 2 Bass and he has got zero. Been throwing everything from jigs, topwater, spinners, plastics etc. Just wondered if anyone else has bad such bad luck? I am going to keep fishing and find new water. 

Also this has Been on 4 different lakes as wel

I've been having luck with a small, natural colored, minnow style crank with rattles. However, the river I'm fishing has been fairly clear and the bait fish have this same profile. Have you tried downsizing your search-baits? That seemed to be the ticket for me.