Boat question.....

• Super User

My boat pulls really hard to the right......is there something I can do with that little "fin" above my prop?

Does anyone know what is the correct way to adjust it? It looks to be dead center now......do I adjust it right or left?Leave it alone?

Help a brother out! :)

• Super User

Yeah,thats what someone else here in town said also but they werent exactly sure which way to adjust it.....if I adjust it the wrong way the first try,I may only be able to ride in circles to the right....LOL...the pull is that bad.I'd like to get it right the first time if at all possible.Thanks for the reply.  

Is your boat a gambler? I cant really tell for sure in the pic. Any bass boat will pull at higher speeds and usually get worse the more you trim up. A four blade prop will help a lot but the best cure is hydraulic steering, I assume you dont already have it because you should not have this problem if you do. As for the fin, take it off, its not going to be in the water anyway! You can buy a flat plate to replace it with.Like I said earlier if your running a 3 blade you will get more torque steer and a 4 blade will be a LITTLE less. Dont ditch your 3 blade, you will miss the speed!!!

• BassResource.com Administrator

I know a lot of Gamblers have hydrolic jack plates.  Does yours?  If so, try playing with the engine height after the hole shot.  It takes some experimenting with the trim and engine height to find the "sweet spot".

• Super User

Yes,it's a 21' Gambler..225 Evinrude.I need to get a bigger pic.I am running a 3 blade and when I get trimmed all the way up it is pulling hard to the right.I probably wont change props just yet although that would probably help a little.Glenn,it does not have a hydraulic jackplate yet, just a 8" manual.The hydraulic plate and trim tabs should be here within a week. :)

Can't wait!